Kids for Kids Fundraiser a HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Kids for Kids Fundraiser a HUGE SUCCESS!!!
T-shirts were a hit!! We raised $$$$'s for the Haiti Relief Fund

Fenway Park Mural!!!! GO SOX!!!!!

Fenway Park Mural!!!! GO SOX!!!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Ah! Spring at last!!

They say spring is a time for rebirth. Through the winter I did a lot of soul searching and I discovered that what happened to me was that I finally broke ground. I can see the light, I can feel the sun and I am beginning to bloom.
Last weekend I attended a Kick Boxing event to raise money for Breast Cancer. My girlfriend was one of the competitors. She had been training for weeks as well as working full time and she is a mother of two. She managed to balance it beautifully. My girlfriends and I were so excited for the night to come. I designed "Team Cally" tank tops for my friends and I to wear but the night took on a deeper meaning as I watched the fight.  I have a new respect for my friend as I watched her in the ring. Her opponent took every opportunity to punch her in the face and kick her in the hips and ribs etc. This opponent was a seasoned fighter and this was my girlfriends first fight. She fought the entire fight with all heart. She was so brave. I could not get over the irony of the situation. Like women who are battling Breast cancer they feel every pain, every blow it gives them but they never give up. They find their inner strength. The fight ended in a split decision and the judges awarded the other girl the title of Champion. I think my girlfriend walked out of that ring with a feeling of rebirth and empowerment!! I think we all felt it as women!! I realized that I am so proud to be a women!! We are so strong!! That to me is worth more than any title!

I have lots of projects coming up in the next few weeks and months. This spring I feel empowered to balance it all! To be successful at what I do and to make life come to life for the people I love!! :-)

Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Team Cally"

"Team Cally"
tank tops by My Artful Hand

Mural for Baby to be......

Mural for Baby to be......

New England Patriots Mural

New England Patriots Mural

Peace 4 Haiti t-shirt

Peace 4 Haiti t-shirt
Proceeds to benefit American Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Princess Isabella

Princess Isabella
I painted this mural with the hopes that Isabella would walk into her room and be surrounded by happiness and believe while she is still young in the magic of fairy tales!!!t